Jason Crosby and Roger McNamee formed a duo called “Doobie Decibel System” (DDS).
At every show guests receive a unique poster created to commemorate the event!
As the Dewey Decimal System organizes library materials by discipline or field of study, the Doobie Decibel System throws its diverse musical talents together to create riffs and songs that cross genre and generation. On any given night, Doobie Decibel System play their original songs, such as “Backlash” and “Wrong Side of The Road” by Crosby and “Live A Little”
and “Couple of Puffs” by McNamee, and dip into rock ‘n’ roll archives playing a variety of classics from The Beatles, Pink Floyd and The Grateful Dead. The duo’s distinctive style is heard in every song while they continue to surprise the audience by playing improvisations and creating a unique sound that encapsulates their talents and energy.
Over the last decade, Jason Crosby has been a member of Robert Randolph and the Family Band and the Susan Tedeschi Band, among others. In recent years, Crosby has played with Bob Weir, Phil Lesh, Carlos Santana, Pete Seeger, Eric Clapton, Bruce Springsteen and Dave Matthews in various configurations.
His discography includes appearing on Anastasia’s multi- platinum hit “Freak of Nature” as well as Tedeschi’s Grammy-nominated “Wait for Me”; and more recent releases from Phillip Phillips, Pretty Lights, Robert Randolph, and Teddy Thompson.
Roger McNamee is lead vocalist and plays bass and guitar with Moonalice, performing 90-100 shows a year. Moonalice has leveraged technology to help build a national audience. The Moonalice Couch Tour™ on Moonalice.com enables fans to watch any show on a smartphone, PC or tablet without an app. Moonalice works with dozens of poster artists
to produce a unique poster that is given to guests at every concert. The Doobie Decibel System also supports the creative community by offering a commemorative poster by a well-known artist to fans at each show. Live streaming video in HD of every performance is available and archived for free listening via their website www.ddsband.com.
DOOBIE DECIBEL SYSTEM (DDS) BAND
Sometimes the DDS Duo is a band, when they are, members include:
- Jason Crosby: guitar, fiddle, keyboards, vocals (Susan Tedeschi, Robert Randolph, Bob Weir, Phil Lesh, Carlos Santana, Pete Seeger, Eric Clapton, Bruce Springsteen & Dave Matthews and more)
- Roger McNamee: rhythm and lead guitar, bass, vocals (Moonalice, Guff, The Engineers, Random Axes, Flying Other Brothers and more)
- Pete Sears: bass, guitar, keyboards, vocals (Moonalice, Sam Gopal Dream, Rod Stewart, Long John Baldry, original Jefferson Starship, Hot Tuna, Peter Rowan, Jimi Hendrix, Jerry Garcia, Bob Weir, Phil Lesh & Friends, Steve Kimock, David Nelson, John Lee Hooker and more)
- Dan “Lebo” Lebowitz: guitar, steel guitar, vocals (ALO (Animal Liberation Orchestra), Lebo & Friends, Jack Johnson, Phil Lesh, Steve Kimock Band, Brokedown in Bakersfield and more)
- Jay Lane: drums, vocals (Primus, Further, Golden Gate Wingmen, RatDog, Scaring the Children, Alphabet Soup, Jay’s Happy Sunshine Burger Joint, Ice Age, The Uptones, The Freaky Executives and more)
Watch official Doobie Decibel System studio videos here.
See more poster art at MoonalicePosters.com.